Knox Orsa Leather Black MKII
Orsa Leather Glove MK 2
A perforated leather short cuff summer riding glove with excellent protection and superior fit.
The Orsa leather glove Mk 2 is the latest generation of the well-established and highly rated perforated summer glove from the Knox range.
It features a honeycomb gel over a floating knuckle area. This is backed with memory foam, which in turn is housed in a flexible but durable outer knuckle shell which is designed to absorb impact. The perforated goat skin upper has abrasion resistant finger sliders on the top of the fingers. This is in addition to touch screen technology on the index finger.
Superior comfort is delivered via wrap round seamless finger ends. Meanwhile the strong goat skin palm has a soft memory foam double layer on high wear areas and also utilises the patented Knox Impact Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm, which incorporates Micro-Lock technology for added impact absorption. The SPS eliminates the grab effect that occurs when a leather palm makes contact with the road, and in turn reduces the risk of hyper extension which can be the cause of a broken scaphoid.
A unique low-profile BOA wrist closure system eliminates the need for any Velcro closers. This “dialled in” micro adjustable fit slips easily under a jacket sleeve. The Orsa is available in sizes from S- XXL and in two colours, black and black/white.
The Orsa is also CE approved to EN13594. The CE testing for the Orsa covers 15 different tests. As a result, independent testers have given the gloves a CE EN 13594- 2015 rating. This covers so much including the materials used, the fit, the cut of the glove, its abrasion resistance, the all-important seam and tear strength as well as impact absorption.
Separate tests were conducted for design and construction as well as tests on the materials used. This included checking features as detailed as the pH value of the leather as well as its chromium V1 content. In addition to the sizing dexterity, the cadmium content and even the water vapour transmission were also measured. Strength tests included the Orsa’s restraint tear strength, the seam strength, cut resistance, abrasion resistance and, of course the impact resistance and the size of the protective area. The Orsa passes all with flying colours.
- Honeycomb Gel over a floating knuckle area backed with memory foam, encapsulated in a strong outer shell to absorb impact.
- Perforated Goat skin upper with abrasion resistant finger sliders on the top of the fingers.
- Touch Screen technology on the index finger.
- Wrap round seamless finger ends for superior comfort.
- Patented low profile Knox Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm (Patent No EP1594378) to eliminate the grab effect that occurs when a leather palm makes contact with the road, reducing the risk of hyper extension which can be the cause of a broken scaphoid
- Strong Goat skin palm with a soft memory foam double layer on high wear areas
- Unique low-profile BOA wrist closure system eliminates the need for aggressive Velcro systems. The “Dialled in” micro adjustable fit slips easily under a jacket sleeve.
- CE approved to EN13594:2015
- 2 Colours, Black and White
- Sizes S – XXL